ATTENTION 2014 HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES
The following bursaries, administered by St. Peter’s Catholic Women’s League, are available to any student that graduated in June 2014 from grade 12 (or who has already graduated in 2013) and is continuing their education for the very first time at a community college or university:
- Angeline McCarthy Memorial Bursary ($500)
- Agnes Dufaure Memorial Bursary ($500)
You may apply for both bursaries; however, you must be the daughter or son, granddaughter or grandson of a registered member of St. Peter’s Parish.
If you are interested in applying, bursary criteria and application forms may be obtained from the Parish Office. Closing date for submission of applications is Tuesday, September 30, 2014 at 4:00pm.
The Sacrament of First Reconciliation and First Communion Parents Only Meeting (no children required) at St. Peter’s Parish Hall on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 7:00 pm
If you have children in Grade 3 or older and wish the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Communion for them, please plan to attend this meeting. If your child was not baptized at St. Peter’s, we will need a copy of their baptism certificate.
Students will soon be beginning another year of study!
The first day of the new school year will be Tuesday, September 2, 2014. JK & SK begins on September 8, with staggered entry for JK students
Nipissing-Parry Sound Catholic District School Board schools are open for registrations from August 25 to 29. For more information, visit www.npsc.ca
Welcome to our St. Peter the Apostle Parish Blog!
We are currently seeking parishioners to write blog posts for our website.
Not sure what to write about? Here are some suggestions:
- Upcoming events or news reports on events past
- Funny/Heart-warming St. Peter’s stories
- A good joke (be sure to attribute if you found it somewhere)
- What was your experience when you first came to St. Peter’s? Why did you stay
- Why did you get involved with a certain ministry? What has been the results in your life/the life of others? (ex. why did you do ARISE? Why do you sing in the choir? How did you become a lector?)
- Reflection on the mass readings for the upcoming week (be sure to get me this us well in advance (a few weeks) so Fr. Tony can have a look through!
- Reflection for certain liturgical seasons or feast days (ex. Lent, Advent, a special saint you want people to know about)
Sound interesting? Send an email to email@example.com and let us know what you are interested in writing! We can provide you editing, suggestions and clarification where needed. Happy Writing!