Catholic Women’s League
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada was organized nationally on June 17, 1920 and granted federal incorporation on December 12, 1923.The League is officially recognized by the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops (CCCB) as a lay association of women and is affiliated with the World Union of Catholic Women’s Organizations (WUCWO), a world-wide federation holding membership in the conference of International Catholic Organizations (ICO) and having consultative status with agencies of the United Nations.
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God.
Objects of the League
The objects of the League shall be to unite Catholic women in Canada:
- to achieve individual and collective spiritual development
- to promote the teachings of the Catholic Church
- to exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family
- to protect the sanctity of human life
- to enhance the role of women in church and society
- to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere
- to uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world
- to contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony
- to research and prepare resolutions and briefs on regional matters for consideration by other levels
For more information on this dynamic organization, please go to our national website (www.cwl.ca) and/or our provincial website (www.cwl.on.ca).
General meetings are held the first Tuesday of every month except for January, July and August. We meet at 7:00PM in the parish hall. All women 16 years of age and over are welcome. Please come and join us!
Marcelle Beaulieu, President (705-475-1851)
Ann Cousineau, Organization Chairperson (705-497-3147)